Tuesday 17 September 2013

Despicable Me 2

Mini Review

Following the events of Despicable Me, Gru is now a dedicated father to Margo, Edith and Agnes. With Gru's evil past behind him, another villain soon steps into his shoes by stealing a laboratory containing a mutation potion. The Anti-Villain League begin investigations into discovering the identity of this villain and decide that the best way to find a villain, is to recruit a former villain into their team of investigators. 

I must admit that I wasn't a huge fan of Despicable Me. I liked it fine but I didn't love it. I was therefore quite surprised when I discovered a sequel had been announced. When the trailers started to appear I remembered that whilst I didn't love the movie that much, I did enjoy the minions. They were a big part of why I went to see the sequel, that and the fact that my friend wanted to see it too and it was Orange Wednesday. 

I don't really remember enough about the first movie to say whether this is better. What I can tell you though is that I do remember liking this movie, and laughing out loud more than once, which for any comedy is usually quite the feat, so for a kids comedy to make me chuckle is noteworthy. My favourite line being "Believe me, my friend. I too have spent many nights drowning my sorrows in guacamole." It makes sense if you've seen it.

It's not outstanding, although the voice work (don't worry I won't spoil it) is spot on as it was with the first film. Universal just aren't quite there yet with their animated movies. Kiddies will love it and adults won't be completely bored so overall it's a win win. 6 out of 10.


Viewing Date - 7th August 2013
UK Release Date - 28th June 2013

Cast Overview:
(If you don't like knowing who the voices are DONT SCROLL DOWN! ;0)
Gru ~ Steve Carell
Lucy ~ Kristen Wiig
Eduardo/El Macho ~ Benjamin Bratt
Margo ~ Miranda Cosgrove
Dr Nefario ~ Russell Brand
Floyd ~ Ken Jeong
Silas ~ Steve Coogan

Director(s) ~ Pierre Coffin and Chris Renaud
Writer(s) ~ Ken Daurio (Screenplay) and Cinco Paul (Screenplay)

No comments:

Post a Comment