Saturday 27 April 2013

Iron Man 3 Premiere


Odeon Cinema in Leicester Square - all decked out for the Premiere

I had planned to go to the Iron Man 3 Premiere with my cinema buddy but when the Premiere got moved from Wednesday to Thursday (due to the Iron Lady Margaret Thatcher's funeral - how ironic!) my cinema buddy could no longer attend. As such, I wasn't sure if I should still, or could, go on my own. I'd never done a Premiere on my own before and it was a scary prospect! In the end, as I had the day off work anyway, I made the decision to go stag with the possibility of meeting up with one of my Tumblr followers as I'd done that before and it turned out very well!


Regrettably the person I'd intended to meet couldn’t make it into the enclosed pens that we’d been put into so I have yet to meet her, but thankfully I got chatting to the loveliest bunch of ladies as I milled around waiting for the stars! One french lady had come to the Premiere with her 14 year old daughter, and we got talking to a lovely 17 year old Thai girl and her 20 year old Brazilian friend who are both studying in London. The Brazilian girl let us all stand under her umbrella for the brief rainstorm, the Thai girl went to get us all hot chocolate to warm us up afterwards and the French lady gave us all cake! I could honestly not have asked for a lovelier bunch of people to wait with me. 
 
RDJ posing next to a flash car

Back of RDJ as he signs autographs for fans
RDJ signing autographs
When the Premiere got into full swing RDJ spent ages signing autographs, but he clearly hadn’t passed this memo to his co-stars as none of them signed for the waiting fans, which I can’t help but feel was a bit of a poor show. As a result, the only photos I managed to take of Rebecca Hall, Don Cheadle and Ben Kingsley were all rubbish as I mostly got the back of their heads as they talked to the press opposite where I was standing. 

Rebecca Hall being interviewed by Alex Zane
Sir Ben Kingsley being interviewed by Alex Zane
Don Cheadle being interviewed by the press
Regrettably Gwyneth Paltrow was not in attendance so I can’t tell you what she was like. But I did get a fairly decent photo of Samantha Barkwho played Éponine in the recent film adaptation of Les Misérables as she happened to be in attendance and spent time with the fans on the red carpet which was lovely. 

Samantha Barks (from Les Miserables movie) with a fan
But the one saving grace was that I FINALLY got RDJ’s signature on my subscriber cover Empire (though it did get a little wet in the rain)…


All in all, a good day, met some nice people and RDJ once again proves he’s the star in this franchise by being such a good sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment