Sunday 23 September 2012

The Watch

Mini Blog

As I just explained in a personal blog, I have been rather busy recently and haven't actually been to the cinema that often in the last two months. But as promised, I will be attempting to keep on top of my reviews, although some, like this one, will unfortunately come after the film has left cinemas. Just means you'll have more films to add to your netflix/love film lists.

I wasn't familiar with The Watch until my cinema buddy pointed it out to me. I saw the trailer and thought it looked okay. I'm not a particular fan of anyone involved but then if I only saw films of people I was a fan of I wouldn't be a very unbiased reviewer now would I?

I'm also not a huge fan of comedies. Mainly because I find they don't really make me laugh all that much. Whilst The Watch didn't have me rolling around on the floor I did walk out of the cinema saying how pleasantly surprised I was by it. The cast gelled really well, each having time to shine. And even Vince Vaughn, who I have a tendency to find annoying and over the top, was enjoyable. 

The film has a good mix of sci-fi, jumpy horror moments, comedy and drama to keep the most complex film fan happy and was generally an easy to follow, fun film. A surprisingly good 8 out of 10.






Viewing Date - 7th September 2012 
UK Release Date - 24th August 2012 

Cast Overview: 
Ben Stiller ~ Evan
Vince Vaughn ~ Bob
Jonah Hill ~ Franklin
Richard Ayoade ~ Jamarcus
Rosemarie DeWitt ~ Abby
Will Forde ~ Sgt Bressman

Director ~ Akiva Schaffer
Writer(s) ~ Jared Stern, Seth Rogan and Evan Goldberg

1 comment: