Tuesday 1 May 2012

Wrath Of The Titans

Mini Blog


I missed the first Titan movie - Clash Of The Titans - at the cinema and saw it quite recently on DVD. Both myself and my friend who were watching it fell asleep on my couch. That didn't bode well for a second Titan movie but I decided to give it a go on a dreary Sunday when I had nothing better to do. And I did at least manage to stay awake for this one.


I was initially quite worried as I couldn't really remember anything about the first one other than the fact that Sam Worthington played Perseus, the half-god son of Zeus, played by Liam Neeson. I was told by my cinema buddy in no uncertain terms that that was pretty much all I needed to remember. 


And to be honest, he wasn't really wrong. You don't really need to have seen Clash Of The Titans to follow Wrath and from what I remember of Clash, Wrath is a much more action packed film. It also has lots of good british actors in supporting roles which make it like a who's who game. Ooh there's Toby Kebbell (I've met him), ooh there's Bill Nighy (I like him), ooh there's Ralph Fiennes (I've met him too).


I think my favourite of all the action set pieces has to be the big fight with Kronos at the end. For those who don't know, he's a humongous volcanic lava creature who is the father of Zeus and Hades. And he's not so happy about being imprisoned by his ungrateful brats. So impressed was I with Kronos that I have included a little featurette about him below instead of the standard trailer. I hope you enjoy.


Wrath Of The Titans will appeal to action/fantasy fans or fans of Clash Of The Titans, but don't be put off if you didn't like the first movie. 6.5 out of 10.



Viewing Date - 1st April 2012
UK Release Date - 30th March 2012

Cast Overview:
Sam Worthington ~ Perseus
Liam Neeson ~ Zeus
Ralph Fiennes ~ Hades
Edgar Ramirez ~ Ares
Toby Kebbell ~ Agenor
Rosamund Pike ~ Andromeda
Bill Nighy ~ Hephaestus
Danny Huston ~ Poseidon

Director ~ Jonathan Liebesman
Writer(s) ~ Dan Mazeau (Screenplay and Story), David Johnson (Screenplay and Story), Greg Berlanti (Story) and Beverley Cross (1981 Screenplay).

No comments:

Post a Comment