Sunday 6 May 2012

Avengers Assemble European Premiere



Some of my readers will know that I regularly attend Premieres for upcoming films I'm interested in. Not to watch the film, but to see the stars and hopefully come home with the occasional signature to add to my collection - which for the record includes Jake Gyllenhaal, Ralph Fiennes, Megan Fox, Toby Kebbell, Evanna Lynch, Alex Meraz and Booboo Stewart to name but a few.

This concept, of attending the Premiere but not seeing the film, seems to baffle a lot of my friends. So I thought I would take this time to explain the reason why I don't see the film when I go to the Premiere. 


You see I would love to be able to see the film on the day of the Premiere, but to do this you have to be one of three things. 1) A movie star or D list celebrity, 2) A very wealthy person who can afford to buy a ticket or 3) A competition winner. I do of course enter the competitions to win tickets, but as yet have not been lucky enough to win. And at the present moment I'm not one of the other two options. I hope this helps to clarify when I next say I'm going to a Premiere.

Now onto the good stuff. My band of superheroes - which for the purpose of the Premiere were known as the Mighty Blair (my usual Premiere companion and cinema buddy) and Iron Hayley (our friend and comic book expert) - and myself aka Captain Kath, set out for London on a rainy Thursday morning and reached the Westfield shopping centre just before midday. We found our spot for the Premiere and settled down to our picnic prepared by the Mighty Blair. We chatted to the fellow Avengers fans surrounding us, prepared our cameras, pens, items for signing etc and ourselves and eventually it was time for the stars to arrive.

Each star was individually announced and came out onto a stage in front of a sea of photographers and fans. They made their way around the atrium and greeted and signed for fans until they were needed for interviews and official photographs and such. The event host, Jonathan Ross, took each of the stars back onto the stage for screened interviews - which I did record but you can barely hear over the screaming fans. Instead I have included some photo's taken by the Mighty Blair.

Robert Downey Jr who plays
Tony Stark aka Iron Man
Chris Hemsworth who plays Thor
Mark Ruffalo who plays
Bruce Banner aka The Hulk
Scarlett Johansson who plays
Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow


Clark Gregg who plays
SHIELD Agent Phil Coulson
These fantastic photos aside, the Mighty Blair also took some amazing shots of the cast members on stage when they were talking to Jonathan Ross. This means we were also able to capture Jeremy Renner who plays Clint Barton aka Hawkeye, Tom Hiddleston who plays Loki and Cobie Smulders who plays SHIELD Agent Maria Hill, but who most will recognise as Robin in How I Met Your Mother. Unfortunately Chris Evans who plays Captain America Steve Rogers and Samuel L Jackson who plays Nick Fury weren't at the European premiere so we didn't see them at all. :0(




But I think my favourite photo of the day has to be this one of Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson, where Jeremy is clearly thinking what every other man in the room was thinking (and probably some of the women too)...


So there you have it folks. Our fun day out at Westfield with some of Hollywood's biggest stars. Oh and I did manage to get one signature...

You can't see it that well but in the white THOR writing is Chris Hemsworth's signature.
And a very happy looking Captain Kath. :0)
It must have been my Avengers nails he couldn't resist.

 

**Special thanks to Iron Hayley for her expertise and being a wonderful Premiere companion and of course extra special thanks to the Mighty Blair for his always amazing picnic and the use of his awesome photographs.**


Tune in soon for my Avengers Assemble review!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment