Saturday 28 April 2012

The Vow

Mini Blog

Despite the fact that the trailer for this looks cheesier than a block of cheddar, I knew I would probably see it owing to the draw of Rachel McAdams. I have seen almost every film she has done since The Notebook. But sadly not loved any of them as much as that first film I saw her in. That's not to say the films are bad, just not as good as The Notebook. So I hold out hope and continue to trek to the cinema for her latest releases. 

The Vow actually wasn't as bad as I'd imagined it would be. It's not great though, so let's not get ahead of ourselves! It's just not awful. Tatum is as wooden as ever but he does have a little bit of chemistry with McAdams. Just not really to the point that it's believable that they're married. McAdams is her usual, loveable self and portrays her character's memory loss convincingly.

I don't know if it's the fact that it's based on a true story or if I'm just sentimental in my old age but I did find myself rooting for the couple and did want them to overcome the odds to make their second chance relationship work. 

If you like love stories that aren't overly emotional, or if you like the actors involved, I'd definitely say The Vow is worth a watch. If that sounds like your idea of hell then I'd avoid it like the plague. 6 out of 10.



Viewing Date - 26th February 2012
UK Release Date - 10th February 2012

Cast Overview:
Rachel McAdams ~ Paige
Channing Tatum ~ Leo
Jessica Lange ~ Rita (Paige's mother)
Sam Neill ~ Bill (Paige's father)
Scott Speedman ~ Jeremy

Director ~ Michael Sucsy
Writer ~ Jason Katims, Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein (Screenplay) and Stuart Sender (Story)

No comments:

Post a Comment