Thursday 19 January 2012

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol

Mini Blog

As I saw Mission Impossible 4 somewhat later than it's theatrical release, I didn't feel there was a lot of point in me doing a review of it. Everyone who was going to see it probably already had and those who haven't probably won't be swayed by my review.

So without going into a synopsis (that's what makes this a Mini Blog rather than a Mini Review) I will simply say that this was an excellent cast, some from previous impossible missions and some new to the fray but all wonderfully fleshed out and given plenty to do. Newcomer to MI Jeremy Renner particularly stood out for me and I personally can't wait to see him as Hawkeye in the up-coming Avengers movie. I also enjoyed Simon Pegg reprising his role as Benji Dunn but this time having much more to do.

The action set pieces, especially Dubai, are breathtaking. As a person who has a great fear of great heights, I had to watch the Dubai scenes through my scarf. While the lady sitting on the other side of my cinema buddy was literally jumping up and down in her seat. Scary and fantastic all at the same time. 

The ending is a little cheesy but fits in well with the franchise thus far. Overall I found this to be a highly enjoyable mission with enough shocks, scares and laughs to keep the most avid fan entertained. 8 out of 10.

Oh and just for my own sanity, was it just me or did Jeremy Renner's very well toned butt have rather a lot of screen time? I'm not complaining, just wondering if anyone else noticed? NB someone obviously did as check out the picture I found when I was googling this phenomenon, already tagged with 'Jeremy Renner's cute butt'. I rest my case. ;0)


Viewing Date - 11th January 2012
UK Release Date - 26th December 2011

Cast Overview:
Tom Cruise ~ Ethan Hunt
Jeremy Renner ~ William Brandt
Simon Pegg ~ Benji Dunn
Paula Patton ~ Jane Carter
Michael Nyqvist ~ Kurt Hendricks
Josh Holloway ~ Trevor Hanaway

Director ~ Brad Bird
Writer(s) ~ Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec
Based on television series "Mission: Impossible" by Bruce Geller

No comments:

Post a Comment